Polytope is a lightweight, pliable structure, designed to engage the visitor in spontaneous choreographies. It has volume, and yet it is void, re-defining space in the dialogue with the visitor.
Polytope consists of a multitude of interwoven tetrahedrons, made of carbon fiber rods. Because the material is extremely light, and the geometry articulated, the structure reshapes itself continuously, while the visitor explores it within his or her own references.
Polytope was first shown during ‘No Patent Pending’ #17, at Quartair, The Hague, December 8th, 2015. Performed with SonoLab duo (Mei-Yi Lee and Vitaly Medvedev).
Polytope has been exhibited in:
• Playful Arts Festival, Den Bosch, June 2016
• Schema Art Museum, Cheongju, South Korea, July 2016
• Cinekid Festival, Amsterdam, October 2016
• Charlama Art Gallery, Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina, February 2017
• The Inside Out, The Outside In, Quartair, Hoogtij, March 2017
• FILE Festival, São Paulo, July-August 2018
Review of FILE Festival 2018 (Portuguese)
Polytope on Caderno de Cultura, Estado de São Paulo 2018 (Portuguese)
Educational publication (Portuguese):
Por Toda Parte 7 (page 127), Editora FTP publisher, 2019