Polytope is rigid and yet, flexible, a lightweight, tractable structure, designed to engage the visitors in spontaneous choreographies. It’s void but it has a constant volume. Polytope is a multitude of tetrahedrons built with carbon fiber rods. Because the material is extremely light, and the geometry articulated, the structure reshapes itself continuously, while the visitor explores it within his or her own references.
The work first shown at ‘No Patent Pending’ #17, Quartair, The Hague, December 8th, 2015. Performed with SonoLab duo (Mei-Yi Lee and Vitaly Medvedev). Polytope has also been exhibited in:
• Playful Arts Festival, Den Bosch, June 2016
• Schema Museum, Cheongju, South Korea, July 2016
• Cinekid Festival, Amsterdam, October 2016
• Charlama Gallery, Sarajevo Winter Festival, Bosnia & Herzegovina, February 2017
• The Inside Out, The Outside In, Quartair, Hoogtij, March 2017
• FILE São Paulo, July-August 2018
With thanks to Stroom Den Haag, SonoLab Duo, Henry Vega, Paula Perissinotto/FILE, Rob Bothof.